DPHE School Expectations:
- Uniforms: Our uniform colors are light grey and navy blue. Scholars must wear grey sweatpants or slacks and their navy blue shirt. If a scholar does not have a navy DP polo, they must wear a navy shirt. Scholars are not allowed to wear jeans.
- Outerwear: Scholars may wear their jackets and non-DP sweatshirts or sweaters to school. However, non-DP outerwear or outerwear that is not navy blue, will be hung up within the closet.
- Electronics: Phones, headphones and other electronics are to be stored away in scholars’ backpacks upon coming to school. If a scholar takes out their phone before being dismissed for the day, their phone will be taken and held by school leadership.
- Respect: School is a place where the staff in the building are responsible for the students and their safety. Following staff directions is important in ensuring each day is successful for you. Scholars are expected to follow directions, especially continuing to wear their masks. Scholars are expected to show peers and staff respect. If scholars are not acting in a respectful manner towards peers or staff, appropriate consequences will be issued.
- Homework and Work Completion: Reading nightly at home is essential and part of each scholars’ nightly homework. If a scholar does not complete their daily school assignments, then their homeroom teacher will send it home to be completed as part of homework.
- School Meals:
- Scholars will be served grab and go Breakfast/lunch as well as a light snack in the afternoon. Menus are linked on the main page.
- Scholars MUST bring a reusable or disposable water bottle.
- Due to sanitary issues, water fountains will not be operable.
- Late Pick Up Policy
- The Operations team will be following up with families if scholars are picked up late more than two time in any given week.
As always, any additional Chromebook questions, please contact our Operations Coordinator, Ms. Peña at Anabell.email@example.com
For password assistance or please contact your scholar’s homeroom teacher. INTERNET RESOURCES
Broadband companies are providing free Internet services during this time. Please find more information Here
How to Links
Clever provides access to many online learning tools including Google Classroom, Edulastic, and more. Start by logging in with the scholar’s DP email and password. If your child is having trouble logging in, please contact your scholar’s advisor directly (see link above).
Log in to Google Classroom with the scholar’s DP email and password. Assignments will be posted regularly through Google Classroom. Students will also need to turn work in on Google Classroom. If your scholar is unable to log in, please contact your scholar’s advisor.
Scholars and families can log in to Jupiter Ed with their own log-in information. Scholars’ grades will continue to be updated here regularly with at least two grades per week. If you or your scholar is unable to log in, please contact your scholar’s advisor or fill out a support request form HERE.
SimplyE is The New York Public Library’s free e-reader app that makes it easy to borrow e-books. It is available on the App Store or Google Play. Apply for a library card through SimplyE to gain access to an array of digital resources available from home during our period of closure.
For as long as schools are closed, we’re open. Starting today, kids everywhere can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories, including titles across six different languages, that will help them continue dreaming, learning, and just being kids. All stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet. Explore the collection, select a title and start listening. It’s that easy.
Scholastic Learn at Home provides 20 days’ worth of active learning journeys designed to reinforce and sustain educational opportunities for those students who are unable to attend school. Families are encouraged to explore this resource.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES & TOOLS TO ENHANCE ONLINE LEARNING